Saturday 22 February 2014

Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Pore Gel Face Wash Review

Charcoal Detox Cleanser

As promised from my January favourites is my review on this product! This cleanser is literally incredible! Before I owned this I had heard some pretty good reviews about it especially off Tanya Burr who initially persuaded me to purchase this, I am so glad I did because now it makes my skin care routine a lot more quicker and just fab!
I bought this from the Michael Todd website about April time, however we had a few difficulties getting it to my house and so I received this 5 months after it was supposed to arrive. Although I understand that it was not the companies fault but my countries mailing system... surprise surprise! Apart from that downside of the time it took to get here I really don't have anything bad to say about this product.
Cost 
It retails for $23 (£14 roughly) which is a little bit pricey for a cleanser however I really believe that you get what you pay for in terms of this product which contains 210ml/ 7/1 fl oz. I bought my cleanser in a set that contained a serum, toner, scrub, mask and this- It cost me around £45 which I thought was brilliant and saved me a lot of money! They all go hand in hand with one another and are all great products although this one is my favourite. I have been using this since September every single day and am about half way through the bottle- a little goes a long way for definite with this.
Packaging
I really like the packaging to this cleanser- The colour purple makes it seem different and unique just like their other products. Mine came with a pump wish I found handy when in the shower as it allowed me to control how much I used although I now notice that they have changed their packaging to a flip top to reduce leakage however that was never a problem with my bottle and I'm not sure if I would prefer a flip top as it may be a bit more fiddly, and if you're like me I always break the caps so I'm not really sure how I feel about the new packaging. Despite that I love how efficient my current bottle is.
Product
Now I know I've said a bazillion times how amazing this cleanser nevertheless I shall rave a bazillion and one time more.. this product claims to 'Gently remove dirt, oil, makeup and impurities without residue or irritation'- this statement I completely agree with. This removes every last bit of makeup I have on my skin leaving it feeling fresh and clean without leaving a tight feeling or any irritation.
I have normal/combination skin. I get a couple of break outs here and there around that time of the month but apart from that my skin remains clear all year round- be that as it may my skin never used to be as clear... I used to suffer from dry patches and hormonal breakouts all the time whilst I was in secondary school and it really knocked my confidence but I found that using this along with my other skin care products and a healthy diet really improved my skin for the better! Now I am not afraid to go bare skin to the gym, shopping wherever really!
It is a black/grey colour hence the name 'charcoal which I think is cool because I don't know many cleansers that colour however when lathered on my skin it turns clear as seen below.


Overall I definitely recommend this product for any body who has acne or oil prone skin or maybe someone like me who wanted to get rid of those pesky breakouts and those small under the skin bumps (if you know what I mean) as it really does cleanse deeply and is totally worth the money. Not too mention 70% of its ingredients are organic which I am for sure pleased to know that I am not putting harmful chemicals onto my skin which in turn can cause various skin and health problems. 
Thanks for reading :)

Lots of love Sinead x


No comments:

Post a Comment