Tuesday 26 March 2013

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation Review


I had bought this product when I had run out of my last daily foundation and i wanted to try something new. I had heard about this product from YouTube and various blog reviews and wanted to try it out.. I am soooo glad I did because this honestly the best drug store foundation I have ever used!
It has a dewy finish as the bottle says it "illuminates your skin as if lit from within" which I completely agree with. I usually apply this on my face in the mornings as I am usually looking slightly tired from my early starts, however instantly my face looks refreshed and glowing which I LOVE ! It makes me look awake ( even though I am usually still half asleep in the mornings, as most of us are ;D ) It has SPF 18 in it so no need for sunscreen because it keeps me protected which is necessary for me and all you lot! Plus i always get compliments on how healthy and flawless my skin looks when wearing this foundation which is a huge confident booster for me! 
I have an olive skin tone and my foundation is in shade 'N4 pure beige', this shade is a perfect match for my skin tone which is unusual for me because drug store foundations can usually turn me slightly orange as they oxidize throughout the day, but not this one it has matched me perfectly. There are 7 shades available ranging from 'ROSE PORCELAIN' to 'ROSE SAND', this could be considered a disadvantage as it does not supply a whole range of colours which is disappointing :( however you may be able to mix two colours together to find your shade. 
This foundation applies evenly and looks amazing when applied over the top of a primer because it gives me an even coverage which is great because some foundations I have found to be slightly patchy on my skin and appear darker in some areas. I have quite noticeable pores around my nose and cheek area so I like a foundation which can help diminish the appearance of them and when partnered with a silicone based primer they do the job nicely!
I would definitely say Lumi has a light to medium coverage but is certainly buildable too, if you prefer you foundation slightly heavier you can definitely create this with the foundation. For me I have combination skin but I do get the odd spot now and again and in the winter I sometimes get dry patches, This foundation does not stick to the dry patches and covers any blemishes beautifully to give me a glowing flawless face all year round.
The really like packaging of this foundation as I think it looks more high end because the bottle is made from glass and it comes with a pump which is ever so useful because it prevents any wastage.
I would say the price is very reasonable for the 30ml you get because the actual foundation is amazing and the packaging looks expensive.
Overall I love this product so much and would certainly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a great buildable coverage foundation and wants a glowing dewy finish :D Thank you for reading and please leave a comment!
Lots of love Sinead x

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too ! It's so good, definitely my holy grail foundation :D thanks for commenting !!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much :D just clicked the follow button ! Thankyou for checking out my blog and please follow back !! X

      Delete