Monday 25 March 2013

How to find the right foundation for your skin...

So you want to find the best foundation for your skin type right ? well my oily/combination/dry skinned girls, I'm going to point you in the right direction so you know what you should be looking for. I myself have combination skin so I get the odd dry patch here and there in the winter and a couple of spots every now and again so I can vouch on the best foundations for you as my skin like to chop and change. Foundation is the canvas to our makeup so we need it to be looking as flawless as possible, that can be achieved when you wear the right foundation.

Dry skin
If you have dry skin and find your usual foundation to be clingy to those pesky dry patches you may want to consider a foundation with a rich formula as oil free foundations are a massive no for your skin, you need your skin to be nicely moisturized all day don't you?  You should be looking for an oil based foundation that is very hydrating, this will make your skin feel comfortable and not so tight which is a problem for you ladies with dry skin, another benefit of using oil based foundations is the dewy glow it gives you which then results in you looking glowing and radiant, who doesn't want to look healthy ?! If you have more mature skin your skin has likely dried out as you have aged, A good option for you are the anti-aging moisturizers and foundations all rolled into one. Here are my top  foundations for dry skin:
Laura Mercier Creme Smooth
Foundation, £41.50

MAC Face & Body foundation,
£26.50
Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing
Liquid, £34


Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick photo
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick,
£28
L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique
Foundation,£10.99
Estee Lauder Resilience Lift extreme
Foundation, £31.50





Oily Skin

If you have oily skin you most probably suffer with a breakouts due to over production from oil glands, as unbearable this is there are foundations to help mask the problem and mattify your skin. You should be looking for an oil free foundation that will help keep your skin matte throughout the day.You also probably have the problem of applying foundation in the morning and by lunch time it has all slid off your face.. great.. but wait I have come to the rescue and picked 6 of my favorite foundations to help you stay flawless all day long, huraay !!

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation,
£5.99

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Long wear
Flawless Fluid makeup, £36

Benefit Hello flawless oxygen
wow makeup, £24.50













Laura Mercier Oil free supreme
Foundation, £33

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long
Lasting foundation, £29
Revlon Color Stay Foundation,
£!2.49


Combination Skin 
 So you ladies have combination skin, and by this I mean your face has its oily parts ( normally T-zone) but it also has it dry patches.. when you wash your face it most likely feels tight in some areas. I too have combination skin so I know how much it can be a pain ! However I also have for you my best 6 foundations for our skin type:


MAC Face and Body Foundation,
£26.50

L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique
Foundation,£10.99

NARS sheer Glow Foundation,
£30.50
Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation.
£27.50
Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing
Liquid, £34

Bourjois healthy mix foundation,
£10.99






So there you have my personal favorites for combination/Dry/Oily skin. I hope this helped and please give me some feedback as this is my first post so I'm just getting used to things :) Ask me any questions and suggestions for my next posts,Thank you for reading!
Lots of love Sinead x







2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have oily skin so Im always on the look out for a good foundation that's works with my skin.. but for a foundation colour i always go to the one by ps beauty. Their foundation finder really helps me with picking the right colour, especially when I'm shopping online xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here especially in the summer when I want a foundation that isn't going to be literally melting off my face by the end of the day! I will have to check that out, I've used a similar one I think and they really help pick out the perfect colour match! Xx

      Delete