Saturday 8 February 2014

January Favourites...

I feel that January is one of the best months to try new products being as it is right after Christmas. So especially as my birthday was in January too it's fair to say I was spoiled with new products. These are the things I have been loving in the month of January... enjoy! 

Naked 3 palette-
So if you haven't heard about this then WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! I am so in love with this palette, you can create the most gorgeous romantic and sultry looks with this! I must say urban decay have once again done me proud! It's based around rose gold colours which are perfect for any eye colour! I love the packaging too as it represnts the classiness of the palette. A personal favourite colour in this is 'trick' I just love the golden flex it has and I think it looks beautiful on the lid.




MAC lipstick in 'Viva Glam I'-
 I am soooo in love with this lipstick!! It's a  wine red colour which I thought was perfect for winter time especially in the evenings. I find this colour is just very sexy and paired with a simple cat eye, this can blow people away. Now because it's a matte colour it can be slightly drying so I suggest loading up on the lip balm before hand to lock in moisture but apart from that it is very long wearing so it's perfect if you want a lipstick that won't budge for the night especially as it is a dark colour and you really don't want that smudging because I can guarantee it would be a nightmare to remove! Beautiful colour, definitely one of my favourite MAC lipsticks!

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail paint in 'lychee'-
Now this may look like a boring colour but I promise you, whilst on your nails this is just THE perfect nude colour! I was searching for a colour like this for ages after seeing someone wearing it so when I came across this I thought to myself 'I need this!!!' and so here it is in my monthly favourites... and so it deserves to be!
Revlon lipgloss in 'Super Natural'-
When Revlon came out with their new line of lip glosses originally this colour was not the one that caught my eye however recently I was swatching all their colours and this one really appealed to me. Now you can wear this alone and it looks gorgeous or you can pair it with a lipstick (I like to pair it with MACs creme cup) for a more glossy finish to a lip colour. This for me is just a beautiful nude colour to wear with an intense smokey eye and I really enjoy wearing this when I go out!
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream-
Now I have already done a review on this and even then a raved about this and I shall continue to do so until the day I die... No words can explain how amazing this cream is. I don't know about other skin types but for me this is my holy grail- I used to have very problematic skin but since using this my skin is the most flawless it has ever been! If you want to read my full review on this I shall leave the link here: http://sinead-quigley-beauty-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/11/elizabeth-arden-eight-hour-cream.html  

Michael Todd Charcoal Cleanser-
 Apart from the fact I waited 5 MONTHS for this to arrive I have to say it was pretty much worth the wait. I first heard of this from Tanya Burr who I think had it in one of her skin care or favourites videos.. anyway this is amazing!! I use it mainly at night as I want to use it sparingly plus it is awesome for taking all my make up including eye makeup plus it remains gentle enough to not cause any irritation. Oh and not to mention the fact it contains organic ingredients which is totally cool! I'm going to do a full post review on this because it has too many fab things to write in a short space but yeah this is exceptional and well worth its place on here!
Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction Shimmer Mist-
I love me some Victoria Secret and their scents are no exception. What I love about this though bar the amazing smell of red plum and freesia is the snazzy sparkles in it! Now I know not everyone will be a fan of looking like a fairy however I really appreciate it! I usually spray it over my legs, arms and decollete for the 'sensational glow'.. I always get compliments when I wear this due to its phenomenal scent and some people think it's really cool that it has shimmer!
Tangle Teaser-
Oh how this little thing saved me from having to chop off inches off of my hair.. If you haven't heard of these then I shall fill you in. A Tangle Teaser is a brush that is specific to detangle hair without tugging, yanking, or generally easing all the painful feelings linked towards having to brush typically knotted hair. For me this is a life saver- as I have pretty long thick hair it is no surprise I have to deal with my hair getting knotted all of the time. However this brush works wonders when untangling my hair and preventing snagging and split ends. I really recommend to anybody who has trouble brushing their hair to go out and buy one of these. Also if you are a mum and your child detests having their hair combed (like me when I was younger), Tangle Teaser also do brushes specifically for children that may I also add look really cool. You can thank me later!
Sleek Blush in Rose Gold-
I fell in love with this colour when I was browsing in Superdrug and I came across the sample of this blush. Firstly this is very similar to Nars orgasm except with a slightly more peachy undertone however it is a fraction of the cost and near enough as good of quality. This looks absolutely amazing on your skin  due to its luminescence from the shimmer, although if you're not a fan of shimmer I would not recommend this for you. But as for me I love this and when I wear it I just feel all glowy!

Real Techniques Setting Brush- 
I love virtually all the real technique brushes and not just because they were created by a fellow blogger but because they are seriously some of the best brushes to have ever been made. I had to include this setting brush because without it my under eyes would not be looking so pretty. I use this brush to set my concealer alongside the Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder and oh my days this works wonders. I feel that the shape of this brush is great to get into the corners and all the awkward bits that a bigger brush may struggle to reach. Thumbs up towards this great job Samantha Chapman!
Benefit PORE fessional-
Another massively raved product that I could not miss is this Porefessional primer. Now my pores are not massive however they are noticeable when up close and I believe this balm really does help to minimize them which overall helps me achieve a more flawless finish to my makeup. You can wear this under make-up as a primer or even on its own without makeup if you don't feel like going all out but want something to help your skin look better. I won't go on too much about this as I am sure you have heard it all before but this by favourite primer of all time.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation- 
I will be doing a full blog post review on this because this foundation is just flawless... I first got this as a sample to use for my prom foundation and from the moment I applied it I was gob smacked at how perfect it made my skin look. It is a medium to full coverage foundation in my opinion however I don't use too much of it (a sample bottle lasted me 3 months) because I feel a little goes a long way with this. My colour is in 'rattan' and it matches my skin perfectly. They have a wide range of colours so you are bound to find your shade. Anyway I will go into full detail about this on my review and give a tutorial of how I apply it.

So there you have it my Monthly Faves! Leave a comment on what you have been loving, it would be great to hear and try some new things! 
Lots of love Sinead x

No comments:

Post a Comment