Wednesday 24 April 2013

My 8 makeup essentials..

Makeup essentials are what every woman should know about... I've put together my top 8 makeup essentials that I believe every makeup wearer should own. It's my list that will save you time when trying to decide what to keep in your makeup bag! I've tried to think of things that are extremely versatile and therefor can save you money! So if you want to know what makeup essentials you need take a look!

1. Eyelash curler

What woman does not own an eyelash curler ? These scary looking things are an absolute life saver for me.. These are a great way to make you look more awake with or without mascara! They instantly make your eyelashes stand out! I use mine before I apply my mascara and sometimes I may do it throughout the day to open my eyes up a bit without having to apply more mascara! Although don't use these too much or they may damage your lashes by breaking off, however I always apply Vaseline to my lashes before hand so keep them moisturized and strong.

2. Mascara


Talking about lashes how could I forget mascara, this wonderful invention can make your lashes go from drab to fab in seconds! Every girl I know owns a mascara so it had to make the list! Mascaras come in all different formulas such as voluminous formulas or lengthening ones, heck some are volumising and lengthening. Finding the right one for you is pretty necessary! so if you have thin lashes try one that adds volume or if you have short sparse lashes try a lengthening one!

3. Lip gloss


Ahh Lip gloss... the wonders it does to make your lips even more kissable. By adding a lip gloss it can make your lips appear more plump and also adds a beautiful colour and sheen! Lip glosses come in many different colours so switch it up now and again to fulfill your mood!

4. Baby powder

You're probably thinking why is something for a baby on this list well let me tell you.. This little product is so versatile i can use it for many makeup fixes! If you haven't had time to wash your hair just sprinkle a bit in your hair and it soaks up the oils and acts as a dry shampoo (just be sure its all rubbed in). You can also use it as a primer which I will soon do a post on! And even to set your makeup.. now that's only a few way but there are many more, this will truly save you money and become very useful!

5. Argan Oil

This stuff is seriously a miracle in a bottle. I insist you go out and buy some pronto you will not regret it!! A few months ago I went to The Clothes Show and there I had my hair done by a professional, I asked to have an updo but explained how I didn't want too much back combing.. but as you can imagine the hair stylist completely ignored me and went on to back comb the WHOLE of my hair ( baring in mind my hair is super long and thick) so as you can guess when I got back home my hair was one big knot!! I used a deep conditioner on my hair for an hour, I combed it with a tangle teaser but nothing was working.. I literally thought I was going to have to have most of my hair which I had been growing for 2 years cut off because it was in that much of a state! However my mum brought back some Argan Oil for my hair, I used about a table spoon of Argan oil and left it in my hair whilst I slept and oh my god the next morning I could actually get a hairbrush through my hair!! So since then I use Argan oil everyday before I go to bed and wake up and it has absorbed into my hair leaving it feeling silky and soft! So please go get some it is defiantly worth it !

6. A double ended eye shadow brush

This little tool comes in handy.. If you only have room for one eye shadow brush in your makeup bag then take one that has two ends, one end to fill the lid in and the other end a smaller brush for the bits you want to define.

7. Concealer

Everybody has woken up after a rough nights sleep or maybe even a late night and need to cover the sins that screaming this! well concealer is your best friend.. If you have under eye bags and tend to be a bit bluish around your eye are concealer can do a great job in covering this up, It can also help cover spots that have just so happened to pop up out of the blue! So this is a good investment if you like your skin tone to look even and flawless.. who doesn't ?! Just be sure to set it with a powder to prevent creasing.

8) Bronzer

Ever woken up and looked in the mirror and thought god I look so pale and ill.. well you can achieve that healthy bronzed glowing look with a bronzer! As long as you apply it to the right places this will make you look sun kissed and glowing! you can even contour your face making it look a lot slimmer too !

So then they are my makeup essentials that I believe every woman should have or at least a couple. Hope you enjoyed reading this and talk to you in my next post!

Remember to comment and tell me what are your essentials!
Lots of love Sinead x

No comments:

Post a Comment